Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lily Pulitzer (Style Blog)

Lily Pulitzer-
Born
New York; November 10, 1931
Major Life Events-
  • Lived in Palm Beach, Florida
  • Worked at a juice stand and wanted to create a uniform that would conceal the stains
  • Uniform soon became more popular than the juice
  • 1959: Became president of her own company, Lily pulitzer, Inc.
Important World Events-
  • The prints and designs soon were made into dresses, accessories, shoes, and other clothing items
  • The very preppy style became popular after being seen in a Life Magazine
  • The style was revived in 2010 by Oxford Industries, Inc.
Style Analysis-
Lily Pulitzer's art inspired me because I really love the nautical, beachy feel to some of the prints. I love the beach, and it is one of my favorite places to go. I admire the bright but still soft colors and the creativity with all of the prints. They are colorful and remind me of going to the beach and summertime.
Lilly Pulitzer - Shop PrintsphotoLilly Pulitzer: Lilly's State of MindLilly Pulitzer - Shop Prints

Links-
http://www.zappos.com/lilly-pulitzer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilly_Pulitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment