Thursday, March 6, 2014

Art Blog #2

       
       2.  Artists develop art making skills. 
For the space project I used pen to draw the picture, and I really love the way this one turned out. I have used pens to draw a little bit before but have never really done a larger project like this one. I was able to get more details in and bolder lines, but if I made a mistake there was no way to erase it. My favorite part of this is the trees and the reflection (in the cropped picture below), the moon and wolf were a little weird looking and not as realistic.

       4. Artists communicate through their work.
The pictures below, from the 2-into-1 project, are intended to be a girl's face and a city with a sunrise facing the night sky. It was intended to be almost like a dream and looking up at the stars and being amazed. I really like the idea behind this drawing and this is another drawing where I love the way it turned out. I also like that if you look from different angles its almost a different picture. 


       7. Artists reflect.
Again on the 2-into-1 project, same pictures as above, I almost wish that it had been done in oil pastel, I feel like the black needed to be darker and if the colors were more vibrant it would look a little bit more finished, but other than that I really love the general idea. I'm really pleased with the way both of these pieces turned out, even if some of the minor details could use some changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment