Thursday, April 17, 2014

Art Blog 4

     Artists reflect:
For the style project I made the first drawing to see what I wanted to do with the beachy-underwater theme for my art. It ended up being too simple with not enough detail, even though I personally like the colors more. The final project had more detail, looked more realistic, and looked much nicer, but I wish I had taken a bit more time choosing colors to make more of a color scheme. If I could change anything I would make the colors in more than one place to make it all blend and look more like the same piece.
Beginning idea for style project
Finished style project
     Artists communicate through their work:
For the color project I did a sunset on the beach where a little bit of the water can be seen. I think that this conveys a feeling of relaxation at the same time as conveying a feeling of excitement about walking up the boardwalk and seeing that first glimpse of ocean. I really like the way this turned out, I was a little bit worried with this painting and using tempora, which I don't use often. I wish I could have gotten it to look more realistic, but other than that it came out very nicely.
I love this aspect.  The first glimpse of the water is a little 'zing' in my heart.
The picture I used for inspiration 
     Artists solve problems:
Again on the color project, the sunset was probably the most difficult part of this piece. I couldn't get the colors to blend as much as I wanted, and I followed the shape of the sun too much on both sides. I ended up making a larger green spot near where the yellow dips near the boardwalk, and I used white paint, almost like white-out to cover it up and then redo that area. It came out very well, and its impossible to tell that there was a spot that didn't look right. I also put some water over the sunset and sky to blend everything together, and it didn't work as well as I wanted, but it helped a lot. 
Finished color project


No comments:

Post a Comment