Friday, February 7, 2014

The First Art Blog


       1. Artists create original art. 
For the zentangle project I used this flower picture that I took a while ago (below) and just put the different zentangles into the different colored spots, like the inside and outside pieces of the flower. This demonstrates using a different source and combining it with my own ideas to make it original. I also threw in some random colors to make it more interesting.

        4. Artists take risks. 

I've never really been good at drawing hands, they've always caused me problems before, and it actually turns out I'm pretty good at them. I tried drawing a hand for some of the warm ups in class, which I thought would be a bad idea, and it turned out really well. I'm very proud of myself for this, especially the first one below.



        7. Artists reflect.
Back to the zentangle project again. I think that there are almost too many different art styles in this project. Some are all fun and bright, while others are more detailed and not as exciting. I tried to get the background to be less detailed and draw attention back to the main picture by putting little bits of pink and orange in the leaves and sky. I like this project, but I'm not sure how much I like how it ended up turning out. If I did this again I would make it all pencil with red instead of the blues/greens in the flower and no background;.

No comments:

Post a Comment